Pages

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Twin Trees III

My sister has worked at this restaurant for a long time. I have always loved their pizza. They make a vegan pizza if you request it. They don't have a huge amount of vegetarian stuff, but what they do have is really good. Most of their items are homemade and made cook to order. Their entrees come with the salad bar. If you get pizza you can add the salad bar for a couple bucks. They usually have a vegetarian soup, like minestrone. There is fresh Italian bread that you cut your self and then there is the typical salad items (lettuce, tomatoes, etc.)

As for the main course lets start with their pizza. I have never had pizza better than Twin Trees. They make the dough fresh every day. They have a bit thicker crust that is soft and chewy. It is always perfectly cooked. My favorite is with olives and roasted peppers.

I had their Eggplant Parm when I was there the other day. They take thin slices of eggplant and layer it almost like lasagna. Then they top it with their homemade marinara and cheese and bake it. It is heavenly, and pretty large. I took half of mine home and had it for lunch the next day. I think it tasted even better as leftovers!

They also have a pasta dish that comes with shells and broccoli in a light garlic butter sauce. And of course there is the classic pasta and marinara.

If you don't mind really indulging there are many appetizers that are deep fried, but vegetarian (mozzarella sticks, etc.)

For my meal of eppplant parm and salad bar the total was $14.93 with tax.

No comments: