Pages

Thursday, July 10, 2008

New Vegan Restaurant in Syracuse!

How exciting! Its called Strong Hearts Cafe. Everything in this place is 100% vegan! The second I walked in the restaurant I was completely overtaken by the amazing smells. It's a cute little cafe` style restaurant, painted in bright colors. There menu is cleverly written on the wall on what appears to be either chalkboard style paint or the thinnest chalkboard I have ever seen. I wasn't really hungry so I just had a blueberry muffin and a mango spritzer(canned). My friend had a chickpea salad sandwich, and it looked and smelled so good. It was large enough that she ended up taking half of it home. Which by the way all of their take-out containers are biodegradable. My muffin however was seriously lacking. It tasted more like a biscuit than a muffin, and it was extremely dry. I asked one of the guys working there for some Smart Balance to spread on it. Which seemed like a good solution, until I tasted it. It had that funky, its been in the refrigerator too long, taste. So my first encounter was not so great. My friend however had been there several times previously and loved it every time. I'll give it another try soon. I mean it's a vegan restaurant, in Syracuse! I have to try ti again.

Total for my food: $3.15

No comments: