Pages

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Ichiban

Ichiban Japanese Steakhouse, Liverpool, NY

My friend and I went for sushi tonight, but I have tried their hibachi and ordered off their regular menu.

There are several vegan sushi choices. I had cucumber rolls and my friend had pickled radish rolls. There were also avocado and mixed vegetable rolls.

One of my favorite sushi items is Inari. They offer this at Ichiban on a 2 piece plate. Inari is very thinly sliced marinaded tofu stuffed with rice. The marinade is a little sweet, so it goes really well with sliced ginger. They also serve Tamago, which is an egg omelet on top of rice.

They have a lot of other vegetarian items on the menu. Seaweed salad, house salad with homemade ginger dressing (possibly the best dressing on earth), miso soup, edamame, tempura vegetables, teriyaki tofu, teriyaki vegetables.

Do Not Eat the Hibachi! Even though they offer a "vegetarian" option, they cook the vegetables last and mix them in with all the meat they cook. They literally drag the vegetables through the cooked meat juice on the hibachi table.

For my meal of Cucumber roll, miso soup, and take out salad it was $11.00, and that was with $2.50 tip!!!

No comments: