Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Earth's Own

Earth's Own is located in Seneca Mall in Liverpool. Earth's Own is a supermarket and cafe`that sells mostly organic and health foods. It's a cute little store, but it's a bit pricey. The cafe` is what really makes this place great (and is why I am writing about it). I have eaten there 3 times now and every time it was absolutely amazing. They have some cafe` tables so you can dine in or eat out. The first time I ate there I had the vegan BLT which uses marinated tempeh instead of bacon. It was so good I tried to make it at home. I didn't turn out nearly as well as theirs. The second time I had vegetable curry. It was outstanding. I liked it better than the soup I had the last time I went to an Indian restaurant. Tonight I had a couscous dish. They used Israeli couscous (which is essentially just larger than traditional couscous). They saute it with garlic, olive oil, sun dried tomatoes and capers. They didn't divulge the exact spices they put in it, and I don't blame them. This dish was good, really good. I wouldn't want the secret getting out either. They have a number of vegan sandwiches and breakfast type items as well. I have not tried everything on the menu, but I certainly plan on trying.

No comments: