Pages

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Empire Brewing Co.

Empire is located in Armory Square in Syracuse. It is in the basement of one of the buildings on Washington St. I have been to Empire many times and it never disappoints. With one of the most integrated vegetarian and non-vegetarian menus in this area, it is sure to please everyone. I was recently there for happy hour and I fell in love with Empire a little more. They have a number of specials on both food, and drinks. If you are a beer drinker, Empire is the place to go. They craft a number of their own beers, several of which have won awards. At the happy hour I recently attended I got to be in charge of food....MWAHAHAHA! The food was so good that no one even noticed that it was a 100% vegetarian menu! We had the following:

(these are the HAPPY HOUR prices which runs from 4-6:30pm)
Margarita pizza (flatbread pizza, fresh tomato sauce, cheese & seasonings) $5
nachos (chips, cheese & beans, topped with lettuce, tomato, guac & sour cream) $7
chips & amber ale salsa $3
Roasted Red Pepper Humus & flatbread $5

Empire has a fairly large menu with too many vegetarian options to list here. There is a link to their website which has a full menu on it (very sweet) located below. I will mention to notable dishes however. The make a great veggie burger served Italian style with tomato sauce and cheese and choice of side (oh I could go for one right now damn it!). They also have a tofu dish, can you believe it? I think most "American Style" restaurants shudder at the sound of that word. Empire knows what its doing and even a non-vegetarian could enjoy this dish. It is served hot and slightly crispy with sesame seeds on top, a side of shredded carrots with a to-die-for Indonesian dipping sauce. What more can I say about this place? Just talking about it is making me hungry!

http://www.empirebrew.com/

No comments: